Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thank You

Being that it was my first time seeing an opera, I was blown away. I felt like I was in one of those movies where the protagonist is watching some sort of entertainment and is completely captivated with the stage. The camera focuses solely on the character in the audience without even a glimpse towards the actual performance. Not that I thought that cameras were on me because of how interested I was, but it just seemed like I was making the exact same face that all those actors had made.

I am no opera critic, or any expert on fine arts for that matter. All I know is that those voices were incredible, the stage direction was impeccable, the costumes were to die for, and it almost made me want to live during the times of the kingdom of Judea and John the Baptist. Almost.

As many times as the UC tried to warn us of the perversely strange nature of this play, none of us could have been prepared for what we were going to see. Seeing Salome ravenously make out with the beheaded John the Baptist made me so happy I decided to become a part of University College. Thank you so much for giving us that opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment