Friday, October 8, 2010

Reflection #7: Simulation

The simulation, although slightly hectic due to technical difficulties, went well and all groups seemed well informed, and prepared. The videos were impressive, and I was slightly worried that Gunperri misinterpreted one of the scenes in our video. Scott was portraying an angry autoworker, and we had asked him to curse in order to make a point that the situation was extremely frustrating for the average worker, like himself. We did edit the sound so that the word was muted, but because everyone seemed to think it was funny I was afraid that it might have given off the impression that we were trying to be funny when we actually trying to make a very serious point. Other than that, I was pleased with the way our group presented itself. My hope was that we would have the opportunity to debate with the other groups a little more, but we ran out of time pretty quickly. The “president” had some very interesting and thoughtful questions for each group, but unfortunately he ended up voting for the other side. Overall, I enjoyed working on this simulation and I hope that the major simulation goes just as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment