Saturday, December 4, 2010

Last Reflection

This semester has ended much quicker than I thought it would. However, it doesn’t feel like we have actually reached an end yet. Even though the World Politics formal class is ending, we will all still be living on the floor together, we will still be seeing plenty of Gunperi and PTJ, and world politics will still be a major part of our lives.

I’m very appreciative of all that I’ve gained from PTJ’s World Politics class. Including the very unorthodox and unique class structure, it was an overall pleasing experience. After reading and gaining my own opinion on the articles, it was an interesting idea to have us discuss these opinions and thereby gain substantial knowledge from these readings. My favorite discussion from the semester was in reaction to Enloe’s “Margins, Silences and Bottom Rungs.” Considering the radically differing spectrum of opinions we have within the class, it was intriguing to observe the various ways in which people saw Enloe’s argument. The dynamic of our class in general was always fascinating.

As a whole, this class was an excellent introduction to world politics and a significant step towards my major in International Studies. Because of this class I’m really excited for the rest of my education at American University. Clearly we have excellent resources, incredible professors, and unbeatable company. It’s only going to get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment