Sunday, November 28, 2010

Turkey and North Korea

So, I was excited to go back down South and chow down on some turkey, but I get a news update from MSNBC at around 2 am saying that North Korea had fired several dozen artillery rounds at a South Korean island-based military installation. How am I supposed to feel about that? Way to ruin my Thanksgiving break mood, Kim Jung-Il. But, let us not forget that this is the 16th skirmish between the two Korean states since the truce was called at the end of the Korean War. So, what else can we assume? This is just a prime example of yet another simgle-party communist state flexing its muscles, hoping that the prosperous West is scared and impressed.

We have two possible end-results to this scenario: 1) Mr. Kim is bluffing - as usual, or 2) this time the 6 million man military of North Korea is actually going to put their words into action. If they are bluffing - which is the likely result - then the West will, of course, verbally sanction their actions; and if they are not bluffing, then me and every other adult male between 18 and 35 are going to get drafted. Who's ready for Korean War round 2? It's alright, the U.S. can take'em!

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, Turkey and North Korea sounds like a fun war.
    Secondly, I was totally there for that 2 AM escapade and it was tense.
    Thirdly, I am so ready for the Korean War round 2. Where do I sign up?
    Fourthly, nope...that was all I had

    ReplyDelete